Chinese President “Xi Jinping” proposed during his speech before the virtual session of the (general debate of the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly), on Tuesday, September 21, 2021, to launch the “Global Development Initiative” to guide global development towards a new stage of balanced and coordinated the comprehensive growth response to the severe shocks of the pandemic of the (Covid-19). The Chinese “Global Development Initiative” came in support of economic and social development around the world. Comrade Chinese President“Xi Jinping”relied on a number of stimuli supporting it, as follows:
1) The Global Development Initiative launched by Comrade “Xi Jinping” is based on revitalizing the economy and striving to (achieve stronger, greener and balanced global development).
2) President Xi’s call for (commitment to achieving development as a priority in order to promote global development).
3) Chinese President “Xi Jinping” proposed that (place development at the top of the global macro-policy agenda, strengthen policy coordination among major economies, and ensure policy continuity, consistency and sustainability).
4) President “Xi” sought to call on the countries of the world with our need to (promote more equitable and balanced global development partnerships, to achieve more synergy between multilateral development cooperation processes, and to accelerate the implementation of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development).
5) That is why the Chinese President, Comrade “Xi Jinping”, stressed the necessity of (committing to a people-centred approach, while protecting and improving the livelihoods of peoples and nations, and protecting and promoting human rights through development).
6) President “Xi” linked his global development initiative with the “Belt and Road” initiative, with finding common ground between them and (continuing commitment to achieving benefits for all, and paying attention to the special needs of developing countries).
7) What was new in the international and international initiative of President “Xi Jinping” was his highlighting (the importance of development driven by innovation and harmony between man and nature).
8) And in the belief of the Chinese government and President “Xi”, in the importance of China globally to support the efforts of the international community in (the issue of global climate change), so came the call of Comrade “Xi Jinping” to develop a plan aimed at (China’s endeavor to reach the peak of carbon dioxide emissions before 2030 and achieving carbon neutrality before 2060), by emphasizing China’s support and leadership for all global efforts to achieve these goals of preserving the global environment from the threat of climate change and toxic emissions.
9) In the interest of China to lead all global development initiatives, President “Xi” affirmed (China’s support for other developing countries in developing green and low-carbon energy, pledging that China will not build any new coal-fired energy projects abroad).
10) President “Xi” called for the international community, led by China, to “continue to adhere to results-oriented measures and build a community with a shared future for global development”
11) In practice, the Chinese government has set some indicators, foundations and guiding standards to lead global development efforts, at the invitation of Presidential “Xi Jinping” to achieve and accomplish the following:
“The world’s need to increase inputs to development, and to strengthen cooperation on the basis of giving priority to the areas of poverty alleviation, food security, response to the (Covid-19) pandemic, the provision of vaccines, development financing, climate change, green development, industrialization, digital economy and connectivity are among the other areas, in addition to accelerating the implementation of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”
Hence, we understand that (the global development initiative launched by Chinese President Comrade “Xi Jinping” is consistent with the Chinese development initiative, the Belt and Road, and contributes to building a better future for mankind), which was confirmed by United Nations Secretary-General “Antonio Guterres” stressing that:
The “Global Development Initiative” proposed by Chinese President “Xi Jinping” is of great importance in promoting global equality and a balanced sustainable development, stressing the United Nations’ full support for the Chinese initiative for President “Xi”, with the United Nations’ desire to strengthen cooperation with China in achieving and leading this global development initiative.
As a practical proof of the success of the Chinese global initiative for development, the Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman, “Wang Wenbin”, affirmed at a press conference that:
“Dozens of countries and many international organizations have clearly expressed their support for the China Global Development Initiative or taken a positive turn on it”
In my personal belief, that in itself (is a real success for China’s efforts to lead the future of global development, formulate the future of humanity and support all development strategies of African and developing countries, through work and coordination with the United Nations development efforts and all relevant international organizations, as well as sponsoring China’s support for the efforts of African and global civil society to implement the United Nations Development Agenda 2030, to keep pace with all global developments, in implementation of the Chinese call for President “Xi Jinping”, with all of us participating in the future), and to support of this Chinese international initiative, so the focus of all Chinese speeches to President “Xi Jinping” affirmed the China’s support for the UN’s development efforts, in a manner that serves (promoting global equality and the balance of sustainable development in Chinese cooperation with the United Nations and all international organizations and civil society around the world), in a way that finally supports (the Chinese initiative for the Belt and Road and work for the benefit of all poor and developing peoples, primarily African countries, leading China to promote joint construction, openness, inclusiveness and a common future for mankind), according to the call by the Chinese leadership of “Xi Jinping” and leaders of the Communist Party of China.